A place to take note of my fruitful finds....

Monday, August 22, 2011

DIY: How to remove the botom of a glass bottle (Wine Bottle)

How to remove a bottom of a bottle: These instructions were given on www.remodelaholic.com.


" First I soaked my wine bottles in warm soapy water to take the labels off. Then taped off a section on the bottom and drew a straight line along the tape. This indicates the line I am going to cut along.





Next I was ready to cut. (Remember to wear safety goggles and a mask!) Using the Cutting Wheel of my Dremel I cut along the line I had drawn on the tape. 






Take your time and let the tool do the work. If you apply to pressure you'll just wear down the Cutting Wheel faster, but you won't make your progress any quicker. (Trust me I tried!)






Making some progress! I like to keep the tape on the whole time to keep any glass shards in check. Also remember to periodically dip the Dremel in water and spray some on the glass to keep both from getting to hot. The Dremel can over heat and the glass could crack if not. 






Yay success!! Next you'll use the Grinding Bit for the Dremel to smooth out any rough edges.









Once your are done with this step you can use the polishing bit to make the edge extra smooth and shiny." 




No comments:

Post a Comment